Being confident and being brave enough to be yourself can be difficult sometimes. At least it was for me. I had to learn to listen to myself and to trust in what my gut tells me. We are all living busy life’s. Caught up in our routine we sometimes miss out on something very important– our own happiness.
A few years ago I decided to leave everything behind and start the journey to find my own happiness. What makes life worth living and how the heck can we achieve it?
My name is Carolin. Once upon a time I worked as a hairdresser and lived with my boyfriend in a flat in central Germany. Life was ok. Just ok? After time I started wondering if that is all my life has to offer? That can’t be it! My life has turned grey without me noticing. So I made the best decision of my life. I quit my job, ended my relationship and went back to school. Regardless of what everyone else said.
After concentrating on university for 4 years, I needed some distance to find out who I am and what I really want in life. I packed my backpack and left for Australia. After 5 month living in this gorgeous country I went to visit New Zealand for a couple of weeks. There I met my future husband and 2 weeks turned into 10 months. Together we moved to Scotland for another year. Now I am in my thirties and live in Canada with my husband Jamie and our Labrador Letty.
I am not living a perfect life – how would that look like anyway? But I do live a pretty exciting one for sure. I love to be different, to be brave and to push the boundaries of my comfort zone. I don’t have the feeling anymore that I am missing out in life. And if I do, I just jump right back into it. I had many people who disagreed with my decisions on my way. But I also met people who inspired me to live the life I love. Without them I would not be where I am today.
If you have the feeling your life is missing something, don’t worry you are not the only one. I made it my mission to spread the love and to inspire people to break out of their shells and live the life they want. Sometimes all we need is a little push in the right direction.
Still not sure if this is right for you?
- Do you find yourself increasingly distracted and unable to focus?
- Do you feel like technology is taking up too much of your attention and time?
- Do you remember a time when you were much more present with all your activities?
- Have you had a sense that there is more to life than what you have been doing but you’re not sure how to access this?
- Do you have a sense that you are experiencing things secondhand, filtered through various forms of media and entertainment?
- Have you lost a sense of ownership to the place in which you live?
- Do you find your quiet talents going unused and unnoticed in a world that values bravado, celebrity, publicity, and money?
If you answered yes to three or more of the these questions, then you are at the right place. Get inspired by brave people and their stories and start your own adventure to find your inner brave to change your life the way you love.